3 Days of Eggs. Day 1 – Scrambled – Confidence level 2.
Eggs, eggs, eggs, they’re GREAT! Full of protein and cooked up in no time at all. Everyone has their own way of cooking eggs and we’re showing you our 3 favorite ways with you lovely lot.
There’s nothing eggs-travagant about scrambled eggs but it’s the perfect way to serve this super food to your little ones. Toast fingers are a match made in heaven on the plate. This can all be whipped up in minutes which is a right Brucy bonus!
Despite this video being a bit ‘teaching grandma to suck eggs’ or should I say ‘teaching parents to scramble eggs’ it is just a reminder for how quick and easy this meal can be. It’s been a lifesaver in our kitchen when I have panicked that there was nothing to eat and baby was hangry.
- Pop a knob of unsalted butter in a frying pan,
- Briefly whisk a couple of eggs and add to the pan
- Keep it moving until the eggs are firm and cooked all the way through
Day 2 – Hard boiled Eggs – Confidence level 3
Day 2 – The perfect hardboiled egg.
Are you ready for an eggs-treme food hack!!!!! Watch our tried and tested method for the perfect hard boiled egg and learn how to de-shell the egg in seconds. Share with your friends and family to give them the gift of timelet’s call it an early Christmas present
Now when we said tried and tested we really mean it! It was third time lucky when it came to mastering this food hack. Just see us as the guinea pigs of the weaning world. You can see the failed attempts in the 2016 Blooper Reel video. So just so you’re clear, you must add cold water to the jar and it helps if it’s a metal lid.
- Add 2 eggs to a roomy pan
- Cover with lukewarm water
- Bring to the boil
- Once boiled, turn off the heat and leave in the pan for 10 minutes
- Pop the egg into a jar with some cold water and shake until the shells comes away.
- Slice into fingers
Day 3 – Omelette Bites – Confidence level 4
The final day of ‘3 days of eggs’.
The perfect way to take an omelette out and about and hide veggies in their food . What an egg-cellent idea!!!!
These little beauties are brilliant for picnics, taking to grandmas or enjoying at home. Combining the goodness of eggs with the goodness of veggies…”winner, winner, eggs for dinner”
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Whisk 2 eggs
- Add a handful of grated cheese
- Add some choped / grated veggies
- Season with pepper
- Pour into silicone cup cases
- Cook until brown, appox 25mins.
Well that’s it. 3 Days of eggs. Aren’t they great!!! Which one are you going to try this week?