Confidence level 1,2,+4
Valentines meals for your little ones
It must be LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! (That’s what I tell myself when I’m changing the nappies.)
There are so many songs with love in their title and there are so many ways to show your little one just how much you love them this Valentines Day.
We’ve put together 3 valentines meals that you can serve to the apples of your eye.
With a skewer, write a little message in the banana skin and leave for 10minutes. (Keep hold of the skewer for later). You can make pink porridge by adding in some raspberries – the frozen variety cool it down quickly if they’ve woken up a bit hangry.
Cut their favourite sandwich into heart shapes using a shape cutter and serve with pink coleslaw.
RECIPE for PINK COLESLAW
Into a food processor grate
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small red onion
- ½ red cabbage
- 2 heaped tbs mayonnaise
- A little crushed garlic
Make them all gooey inside with these love bites and finish with a bouquet of strawberries (remembering to take them off the skewer to serve)
Although some of the babies might not be able to say it yet, you are their absolute world and they love you to pieces.
Happy Valentines Day everyone!
RECIPE for LOVE BITES
Pre-heat the oven to our favourite, 180 C
- Roll out pre-rolled short crust pastry
- Using a heart shaped cutter, cut out 12 hearts
- Add a filling; (grated cheese / veggie tomato sauce / jam)
- Brush a beaten egg around the edge and place another heart shape on top to create a pocket
- Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Cook at 180C until brown, approx. 20 mins.